Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing
- -9x13 dish of cornbread, cooled & crumbled (this would be 2 of the packets, just don't use corn muffin mix)
- -4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and torn into bite size pieces (take the easy way and get a rotisserie)
- -2 slices of bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- -2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- -1 small onion, chopped
- -2 stalks of celery, chopped
- -1/2 teaspoon sage
- -salt and pepper to taste
- -2 10.75 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- -1 stick melted butter
- -2 cups chicken broth
- In a large bowl combine everything except 1 can cream of chicken soup and the chicken.
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray and and spread half of the remaining can of cream of chicken soup on the bottom.
- Next add 1/3 of the dressing mixture.
- Add half of the chicken.
- Repeat the dressing and chicken layers. Finally top with the remaining half of cream of chicken soup.
- Cook this on high for 1 hour, then turn it down to low for 2-3 more hours.
- (Tip-my husband really like a bit of a "bite" in his food, so this is perfect for him, but if you like your onions and celery softer just sauté it a bit until they are crisp-tender before adding it to the crockpot.