- 5-6 green bell peppers
- 1 pound of ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 (oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans tomato soup
- Begin by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Chop off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds. Once the water is boiling carefully drop the peppers in and let them cook for 5 minutes. Then remove, drain, and salt each pepper and put aside.
- Begin browning the meat and onion together then drain. Return to the heat and add the diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, rice, and water. Pop the lid on and let this simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Place the peppers in a large baking dish and stuff with the meat/rice mixture. In a separate bowl mix together both cans of tomato soup with just enough water to make it a gravy consistency. Pour this over the peppers in the baking dish. Bake this covered in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove and top each pepper with shredded cheese and put back in the oven uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.