King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Flour tortillas
- 1 cream of chicken soup
- 1 cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can ro-tel
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Begin by melting half a stick of butter in a skillet over medium high heat, then add the chopped onion and green pepper.
- Let the peppers and onions cook until soft and primarily translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Then add both soups and ro-tel.
- Mix these together and add the 2 cups of cooked chicken. Then mix well again.
- After everything is mixed together it's time to start layering! In an ungreased 9x13 begin by layering a single layer of tortillas, then the soup/chicken mixture, then shredded cheese. Repeat once more.
- Simply bake covered at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The last 10 minutes remove the foil so that the top layer of cheese gets nice and golden.