- -1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken
- -Veggies of your choice, chopped (my favorites are yellow squash, red bell pepper & asparagus)
- -1/2 cup soy sauce
- -1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- -1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- -corn starch for thickening
- Begin by cutting your chicken into bite sized squares. Chicken tenders are my favorite because they are so easy to chop up into bite sized squares, but any boneless skinless chicken will work!
- Next make a marinade of soy sauce, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Pour this over the chicken, cover it and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to eat just heat a large pan over medium high heat and pour in the chicken, marinade and all. Because of the marinade you don't even need oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked add your veggies as well as just a bit of water to help the veggies steam. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan now also to get all the yummy brown bits and garlic pieces off, then just pop the lid on and let this all cook.
- Once your veggies are nice and tender you're done! Sometimes I will add a bit of a cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce a little, but that is entirely up to your preference. We have been known to eat this straight out of the pan, but my favorite way to serve it is over a bed of rice.