- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 can corn
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add olive oil, onion, and garlic, letting this sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions get translucent.
- Add rice and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, letting it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the black beans, Rotel, corn, and spices.
- Mix and let it heat through for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve alone, in tortillas, or scoop with tortilla chips.