Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 light mozzarella string cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Start by unwrapping and cutting all the string cheese in half, giving you 24 string cheeses. Arrange these on a plate or cookie sheet where none of them touch and stick them in the freezer until they're nice and solid, about 30 minutes. You cannot skip this step!!! If you do you will take a baking sheet of melted mozzarella cheese and floating bread crumbs out of the oven.
- In 3 separate bowls prepare the following:
- 1st bowl- flour
- 2nd bowl- egg, slightly beaten
- 3rd bowl-bread crumbs & parmesan cheese mixture
- Once the cheese sticks have frozen it's time to start the assembly line!
- Dip in the flour first, shake off access.
- Then egg.
- Then bread crumb mixture.
- Then put these back on the plate and return to the freezer for about 15 minutes. Again-do not skip this step!!!
- Take these out after the 15 minutes and put them on a foil lined and non-stick sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake these in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes on a lower rack of your oven, flipping halfway during the cooking time.