Baked Red Velvet Donuts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Simply mix all the ingredients together. I find it easiest to stir together the dry then add in everything else, but it's not a must. It will be smooth and beautifully bright red!
- Next take your donut pan and spray the heck out of it with cooking spray. Then take a Ziploc bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the bottom corners and pour in your batter. Use this to fill the donut pan about 1/2 way to 3/4 full. It will look neon and fluorescent against the donut pan. Don't worry you won't start glowing when you eat these.
- Pop these into a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. If you are using a mini donut pan then bake for about 5-7 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven begin devouring them hot just like they are. You could also sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, make a cream cheese frosting, or make a simple powdered sugar glaze and then devour them...