I began with 3 flower pots of increasing size. I actually already had these pots in my garage, so I began by just spray painting them 3 bright colors.
Next I started filling my pots with potting soil. Then I took the middle size pot and set it inside on top of the soil in the largest pot.
I offset this, even though you wouldn’t have to. I played around with it a bit and preferred this look the best. Make sure that once you’ve decided the placement of the pots (off centered, centered, to the right/back/left) that you give a little pressure to the pots to kind of stabilize it within each other.
Now it’s time to start filling the empty spots with flowers! I tried to leave a bit of space among them to give them some growing room. You can fill this with whatever you like depending on where you’re putting this. Since I was placing mine on our front porch and it’s rather shady I had to keep that in mind when purchasing our plants and flowers for this project. The top tier is Purple Fountain Grass, and the other 2 tiers are a mix of Double Begonias and Impatiens.
After only a few days these flowers have already really flourished and grown to make the pots look beautiful and full! I love how this turned out and hope you do as well!